Its a very bitter sweet thing to watch your kids grow up.
Bitter because time is going so fast and before you know it, they’ll be growing up, moving out and starting little families fo their very own.
Sweet because as they’re growing up so fast, they learn new things like how to make the worlds yummiest chocolate chip cookies and fill your tummy full of all kinds of experimental desserts!
Okay maybe that’s not why its sweet to have your kids grow up but thats the only sweet I can think of right now!
Over the weekend CC spent the entire day baking in the kitchen!
Not only has she become an amazing little baker…
But lets just say she’s baked enough goodies to feed America…twice!
Over the past few days she has decided to bake chocolate chip cookies, 2 different kinds of brownies from scratch & she’s still going!
I had to talk her out of making cinnamon rolls and a cheesecake.
Don’t get me wrong I’m loving all the yummmy food buuutt after downing a cookie sheet or so of chocolate chip cookies we all better call it quits.
But on a more serious note, I have absolutely loved watching little miss Chloe grow!
It’s crazy how much your kids pick up on just by watching you.
Chloe has grown up so much in just the last year.
She truly is 13 going on 30!!
She’s almost 100% self sufficient.
From knowing how to use a juicer and making her own food, to learning how to do her own laundry and now I can’t get her out of the kitchen!
Pretty soon she’ll be driving, getting married & having babies of her own😭!
Thinking about how fast time is going has got me all teary-eyed and depressed… on another note maybe Chloe should make that cheesecake.
I’m gonna need something strong to drown my “kids are growing up too fast“ sorrows😩🍰🍩.
Dear CC, I love you so much! You’re beautiful, talented & an amazing young woman.
Please stop growing up so fast and please make me something super chocolatey and full of butter.
Sincerely, this old emotionally mom!
Meanwhile you poor people just want Chloes chocolate chip cookie recipe and I’m sitting here as if I’m going through a counseling session…
Anyways enough blabber…
Here’s her super yum recipe!
CC’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Recipe found on I Heart Eating)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Soften butter (butter should be melted but not hot)
- In a large bowl, mix butter with sugars until well combined
- Stir in vanilla and egg until incorporated
- Add flour, baking soda and salt
- Mix dough until all ingredients are combined. (Dough should be soft and a little sticky but not overly sticky)
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Scoop out 1.5 tbs of dough and place on a baking sheet. (Chloe rolled her dough into little balls)
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until cookies are set. They will be puffy and still look a little underbred int he middle.
- Pull out of oven and let cool on cookie sheet.
- Serve hot with a big glass of milk and if you’re Chloe…. triple the batch! LOL!